• In the Spotlight:

do your inlaws send any card like birthday, christmas,easter ect..to you or kids

i was wondering if i was the only whos inlaw dont send cards. My mother-in-law or anyone in my husbands family dont send any cards. I really dont care if they send me cards or not but i would think they would have sent my son some. I mean they sent my husband a birthday why not me and husband's son

mommyofone0724

Asked by mommyofone0724 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Ya my in-laws and my hubbys grandparents send cards for every holiday. They also send me a card on my bday w/ some cash
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 6:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My MIL sends us cards for everything. She even sent our son a Halloween card. She is divorced from my FIL and he doesn't send cards at all. It's not personal, though. He just doesn't do it. He doesn't hug either, which is fine by me also.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• honestly? I DO undersand how they see it fit to not send you one, after al your JUST their in-law, but if you send them one for theirs, then thats JUST RUDE! and the fact that they dont send your son one is totally unacceptable....but i am personally not a card person myself, i prefer e-mails of phone conversations.....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 7:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my inlaws send cards to me and dh and the kids. so its nice but my x mil sent things to other grandkids and not my dd ( yes she is grandma ) she just blew off dd like she didnt xcist. she is 11 now and in all had only sent 2 b days cards and 3 xmas cards no gifts. she lives 2 hours away. but now shes trying to be grandma but i know it wont last.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No my in laws don't send cardsbut I don't think anything about it they don't do it with anyone in the family because there are 13 kids over 100 grandkids and around 30 great grandkids.So it's no big deal here.My kids do have a few special aunts who send them cute things to there my space.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My Mother n law is so awesome to our kids... She lives in CA and we are in MO and goes above and beyond for our children. It's not the money, she sends books, takes out kids magazine subscriptions, she makes the kids feel like she's right here. Flys in just to spend time with them a couple times a year. We are very blessed..... And a bonus,lmao, she lives in CA!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• We get cards on our b'days and on xmas. They give my son cards for every holiday possible, including halloween, easter, valentines day, etc.. However, we never received a wedding card from them. I thought was strange.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yes my inlaws send me and the whole family cards.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My MIL gives them to DD cause she lives near, his paternal grandparents, always send birthday cards and Christmas gifts. I am assuming my MIL will start sending them as well when we move.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Awww! My family are card sending fools...I'm the oddball who has no time for that stuff...LOL Sorry, family! I love you but....
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2009