• In the Spotlight:

HOW are decisions made about *top* posts???

I was in journals and at the bottom of the page it says See some of the TOP POSTS in groups... one of them sounded interesting so I went to check it out. I was the FIRST VIEWER of that post- with no responses!! HOW can that be a TOP POST if there has been NO ACTIVITY????

mtnmama111

Asked by mtnmama111 at 5:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IDK MAYBE NO ONE ELSE HAD READ IT YET AND IT WAS JUST POSTED? LOL
    boogirlsmommy

Answer by boogirlsmommy at 5:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• UMM, yeah- that is what I stated in my ???- a *TOP POST*- to me- implies # of responses- not top of the list...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Probably because all their friends voted it up. I've seen it many times. I've also seen really good posts get voted off the top 10 in a matter of minutes because people that disagree with the topic get all their friends to vote "no" on it and then it goes bye-bye.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• ONCE AGAIN my point is- according to CM- I was the first person to view it. It wasn't a journal- it was in a group. I am just curious as to how something NO ONE else had seen became a *top post in groups*?? Anyone...??????

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I don't know either! CM doesn't exactly make sense sometimes, and you found a great example of that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You should post this question in the CafeMom area, I am curious as to what the answer is too.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2009