Has anyone out there ever written a children's book and had it published? How'd you make the connections and know who to go to?

I wrote (and printed up) a children's book called Wedding TIme for Emmie and Jake about 2 hippopotamuses who count the hours to their midnight wedding, then at the last hour, they both close their eyes to rest and fall asleep and miss the wedding! It ends happy, and it helps kids with learning time, and uses rhyme (I think it's cute, too!) but I don't know how to get this published, do any of you have experience with that? I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks

pennycast

Asked by pennycast at 7:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Get an agent. That's the best way. You can find literary agents in the yellow pages or online...just make sure you get one that comes with references. Agents have connections to publishers. Good luck. One thing to remember...don't broadcast the name and subject matter of your book before it's published....someone could rip off your idea and beat you to the punch. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• hope this finds you with the book already published love happy endings and then you can tell us how you did it hugs
    God Bless you
    Judith
    Judithbaby

Answer by Judithbaby at 10:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/childbook/childbook.html
    This is a really helpful site if you want to start writting.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe u can self publish books at lulu.com
    have fun!
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 4:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009