How long should I wait for a second child?

My baby is almost 8 months old and I am planning to have a second baby. I do not want to wait any longer since I am already 36 years old. Any comment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is your choice in the end. But, they say you should wait 2 yrs to give your body time to heal.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I know a few women they had babies one year apart....At your age I would probably go ahead. If you and your husband want to have another one...Do It!!! Talk to your doctor also....He'll probably have an opinion! Generally if you're in good health you can get pregnant and have a healthy baby!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 8:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• That has to be up to you when you're ready. I waited about 2 1/2 years to become pregnant again.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Generally, its easier on the body to wait, but at your age I probably would not. Just read up on what you can do to prep your body nutritionally. Also, your milk will dry up at some point (hopefully after your babe hits a year). You could "dry nurse" through that and tandem nurse when the babe is born. With two so close in age it would likely help your first adjust and allow you to rest.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Our first daughter is 3 1/2 and our 2nd is 10 mos. old. I am now pregnant with our 3rd and the due date is Sept. so my youngest two will be 18 mos. apart. I say go for it, talk with your dr. first if you want, but at 36 I don't think I'd want to wait much longer either. My only concern was that I'm still nursing and now pregnant but my 10 mos. old doesn't seem bothered and still nurses great. And she'll be one in March so then I can start weaning her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My son was 8m when we started to try for our daughter. But be careful it only took me 1m and I was pregnant. They are 17m apart. My daughters are 12m apart.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2009