my 15 month old daughter is already in her terrible twos how do i disipline her

shannon2345

Asked by shannon2345 at 7:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its hard when there little. but i will say terrible "2" are nothing to terrible "3's" just wait. ( sorry ) maybe when she misbehaves put her in the notty corner. or on the couch for a min or 2. no t.v no toys. its hard when there still small. good luck mama. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Mostly redirection. Away from the forbidden towards something safe. "Look, here's your toy." They don't comprehend alot at 15 mos, however, for some things that were becoming "battlegrounds" like the dog food, or climbing on table to touch lamps, and after 1000's of redirection, and when I could tell by his little non-verbal eyes and see that he knows at least this couple of things that I want him to stay away from....I put him in the playpen w/o TV or toys and set a timer for 1 minute. He didn't like it. I said, No lamp--timeout or No dog food--timeout, several times, and took him out after 1 minute. I kid you not, after 2 times, I said, "Do you want timeout? No, no" He moved away himself and looked for something else. To be honest, I wish I could say, and that's worked ever since. But that worked for us at 15 mos. Be patient, it will get better!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I agree with tabbys4,my son is in his terrible 3's. He doesn't listen to me at all. I haven't tried it yet but other moms were saying that time outs work at that age.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009