What are proper punishments for a 2 y/o? I need suggestions....

TreasureThis882

Asked by TreasureThis882 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put him/her in time out for 2 mins. They say 1 min for each year. They dont have to stand there..i give my kids a chair that faces a corner...its callled the naughty chair.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I always liked "The Naughty Spot" approach. If the child misbehaves he has to go to the Naughty Spot. It is a place in your home designated for when a child is naughty. We used a stair with my nephew (he lived with us). The child stays for a time limit appropriate for their age (one minute per year of their life) so your child would stay for two and a half minutes. When the child is on the naughty spot you do not speak to them or interact with them. If they get off the spot place them back in the spot with out a word. When the child is ready to apologize he gets a hug and a kiss. Another good tip is to make the spot someplace where he can see the fun things going on in the house but is not allowed to join in. It makes it even less desirable to be placed there. HTH.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• We have a time out chair and she sets there for two minutes, if she gets up she is place right back there and the time starts over. They learn quickly to set and stay there until their time is up.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Time out is best at this age. One other thing I always did was lets say you have twokids and they are fighting over the same toy. I would take the toy away and say now nobody gets it. It works with one child as well. My dd is 4 and she has fits for a toy or acts out so I take it and say now you dont get to play with it and I put her in time out. Once shes out of time out I ask if she plans to good. She says yes (of course) so I give the toy back. If she acts up again I take the toy for the day.

Answer by gemgem at 8:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Sorry to say but I firmly believe in spankings.... my 2 alomst 3 yr old... i tell her do you want a bop bop? she'll say o if she does it again... i will get up and she will stop... if then doesnt stop i say to "bop bop" her... and she would go back some times... now i find she hates the corner more... she will be there for about 3- min... and when she is doone she HAS TO SAY " im sorry" and give a hug to get out.... if she doesnt she is right back..... if she is really bad she will get a "bop bop" and the corner.... alot of people, fam and friends say im too hard on her and that she is olnt 2... haha it may be true sometimes... but she does what i say for he most part... then again she is 2 but she doesnt act out in publice.... she is a great listener.... for the most part...
    Anonymous