what do i do about my husben lying to me about smoking pot

he promised me .that he would not smoke pot and bring it in the house.it makes me so angry. plus he is lazy and brings me down we dont talk or do anything just sit around the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• wow could we be dating the same man ; lmao , well i really dont have any advice because im in the same situation as it stands , so good luck and im sorry mama .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You tell your husband if he brings it in the house he can pack is bags while hes at it. Tell him he has to GO if he cannot respect you and your wishes.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Was he like this when you were dating??Expecting someone to change for you is not fair. Asking them to promise something like that if it is a part of their life is also not fair.
    No one is making YOU sit around the house with him!! Get out and do something!!
    Have you given up anything similar for the relationship??
    Just some thoughts for you to ponder while you are busy blaming him for everything...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I think gemgem pretty much sumed up everything I was going to say.If he can'e respect your wishes he needs to go.
    LND

Answer by LND at 8:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Anonymous above had great advice....move on without him....if he is willing to change he can catch up later.  Do not hinder your life because of this!

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 9:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If it was me and I had kids involved, I would leave him. Because I'm not risking my husband to get busted with weed and have my kids taking away.
    blessedmom1

Answer by blessedmom1 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• wow, that is kind of strange. neither me or my husband smoke pot, but I know a lot of people who do, and i really don't think it is that big of a deal. just tell him to do it outside of the house? maybe that would ease your fears of him getting "busted" with a little joint? you women are crazy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Youre crazy to think they wont take your kids for "a little joint". They take them for less. I know I am a paralegal with a family court lawyer who deals with parents in juvenile court on a daily basis. They will take your kids for a little joint. Its illegal and you chose to allow it around your kids. Thats how the court sees it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yes they will take your kids over pot, most of the cases I know it is the mom on drugs and the courts can and will test if it is + they can require weekly tests until you test clean then random after that, if you are luck the court will make you take parenting classes and out patient drug program to keep you kids or get them back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• like i said neither me or my husband smoke pot. so i guess i don't know that much about it. we don't use illegal substances. but i did suggest not bringing it in the house. did i not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2009