jack and jill party for soon to be bride and groom. help.

ok b/f getting married in sep. they want a jack and jill. fist what is that? and what is needed? i never been to one. is it just a big party? also friend said there has to be games and raffles.. what kind? ideas?? and the best man cant help i guess he has no money and lives across country and wont be here till the wedding. all his money going to plane ticket. so... 1) whats a jack and jill. 2) what kind of games? #) raffles? the only thing i know is they want it at there house.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Entertainment

• get a small ornamental tree and jprovide blank wish cards for your guests. Get the guests to write well wishes for the future bride and groom and hang them onto the tree.

this is kind of like pin the tail on the donkey but its pin the boutonniere (sp?) on the groom.
    Draw a large cartoon version of the groom-to-be. Blindfold guests and provide them with paper flowers attached to push pins. The one closest to the groom's lapel wins a prize.

Get a Polaroid camera and take photos of each guest . Ask for funny poses or serious expressions. Each guest then adds funny captions to the Polaroid using a marker. Combine all the photos in an album as a funny keepsake for the future bride and groom.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 10:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• a jack and jill is like a bachelor party and a bachelorette party in one, but usually not the normal things you would do at one of those. A cute idea for games would be to do a trivia game for the bride and groom to be, you could ask questions about them and whoever gets the most right would be the winner, I cant think of anymore games right now but if i do ill let you know.
    you could do a raffle for a giftbasket or something.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 9:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• omg thank you so much.. giving ideas help me soooo much and if you get anymore please just let me know. i like the trivia game. what kind of gift basket? anything will help me at this point lol. again 100 thanks.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• As guests arrive, ask them to contribute ideas to the designated "dare jar". They write down a dare on a piece of paper and put it in the jar, As the night progresses, dares are pulled out of the jar. The couple then has the option of fulfilling the dare or passing it on to the wedding party!

Blindfold the future bride and place a doughnut in her hands. Seat the future groom on a chair and place a carrot into his hands. The object of this game is the future groom must now test his communication skills and guide his future bride to move towards him and place the carrot through the doughnut.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 10:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• A Jack and Jill party means it's a bridal shower, but men and women can be invited. It's just a party for the soon-to-be married couple. I had one for my shower because a lot of my family couldn't go to the actual wedding (it was out of state).
    The Polaroid idea is great -- we had that at mine.
    Come up with a theme for the party -- something the couple likes, maybe something about the wedding, and have fun with it. Say if they are getting married by the beach, have a beachy theme party. A lot of times guests will bring gifts from their registry here...some people like to open gifts in front of all. Then one guest makes a hat with all the bows and ribbons from the gifts. They did this at mine for both my husband and I. It was really funny.
    Have fun!
    Cafe MicheleZ

Answer by Cafe MicheleZ at 10:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Is it for the Wedding Shower? Or is it for the Bachelor/ette parties? I had a Jack and Jill Wedding Shower. You can buy inexpensive gifts for door prizes and raffle them off or let guests choose a door prize for winning a game. You can have a wine and cheese tasting game. You can also do a "Would You Rather?" game (comes in a board-game style as well as in an interactive DVD that you just put into the DVD player). I suggest picking a theme as well and having the invitations, decor, games, food, drinks and background music to match. Say it's Hawaiian themed, you can ask guests to wear bright clothes or Hawaiian shirts and greet them with a lei at the door.  If it is a Jack and Jill Wedding Shower party, don't forget to include where they are registered in the invites. Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• OMG ladies all great ideas. there sooo helpful xo any more please by all means tell me. this is my first and i have no idea what to do lol. i love all the ideas you guys have given so helpful again. there getting married at like lodge( antler chandelear) i wanna say woodsy theam maybe. i havent seen the place yet.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• At my dad's, all the guests came in drag - the men wore horrible mumus with overinflated balloons underneath and bad wigs with Mimi style makeup, and the women all came in their husband's clothes with drawn on/glued on facial hair. At the end of the night they had a beauty contest with a prize for best "man" and best "woman."
    Anonymous