Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have terrible static electricity?

It is REALLY bad at our house. Every single time I sit down at my desk I get a huge shock. It sure seems like it's extra bad this year. Anyone else having this problem?

Answer Question
 
jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 9:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 5 (94 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • We do!! I think it is just this time of year!! Everytime I kissed my son or hubby yesterday we all got shocked really bad!! I felt terrible! My husband thought it was funny, but my son didn't like it very much, poor guy!
    CarieP

    Answer by CarieP at 9:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Yep we have that problem. My son is 2 and he is not a big fan of being shocked. While we were at the grocery store he reached out and touched a can and it shocked him. He cried and cried. I felt so bad. My dad was there and he made it all better. And then we were walking along and my wallet fell out of the buggy and this guy picked it up for me and when I was taking it I shocked him. Oops. Ha my hubby laughs at me to. Because it seems like everthing I touch gives me a little shock.
    Aidansmom2728

    Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • yup. I have a body pillow that has a micro-suede cover ( or thats what I think it is). Everytime I get in bed at night I see all these orange sparks!!!!
    epoh

    Answer by epoh at 9:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • YES! I keep telling hubs that I'm electric when I kiss him and he gets shocked. he he. It's getting to the point, though, where it's scary to touch anything because I'm going to get a shock.
    Pnukey

    Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Yes, it's due to the dry air. If you use a humidifier you will probably find it cuts down on the "shocks". :-) That's why you normally don't have this problem in the summer time because of the moisture warm air brings.

    Southerncharmes

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • wow! I learn something new everyday. Thanks for posting this!
    MomToFour247

    Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Yes, I get shocked all the time.
    sammiesmom2000

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Yes, it's just one more thing I hate about winter!
    Mishelly728

    Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • YES! It's really terrible. My son got a haircut the other day and the barber was having a hard time due to the static electricity and his hair standing straight up. That was kinda cute, but getting shocked all day long isn't.
    CookieMom108

    Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • YES!! I hate it! Between the dog and the car door, I get it all the time. Even my toddler got me good yesterday!
    ferdo0204

    Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.