Morning Sickness Medicine

Hey...I was just wondering what medicine did moms take to help with morning sickness?? I went to the Dr. Yesterday and found out im not 8 weeks, just 6 weeks and 2 days, but I have been sick for about 3 days now...she gave me some medicine (not sure what it is, but supposedly its VERY expensive) but i havent gotten it filled yet, was just wondering what youall took. Thanks =)

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 9:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She probably gave you Zofran, which is expensive. It didn't work for me. None of them did. Good luck to you, though. Some women I know have had success with meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I took Zofran, $600 for 30 days worth. My insurance would only cover 2 months, so I broke all my pills in half to conserve them. I was prescribed it after I lost 20lbs and couldn't even keep a sip of water down. You can try ginger or lemon drops, sea sick bands, flat warm coke or coke syrup, and of course crackers, but that never worked for me. If you can't keep your prenatal vitamin down,, you can take a Flintstone kind. You can also drink Ensure for the vitamins--I couldn't get past the texture. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I was given Zofran and it was the only thing that worked. I was given two other ones before that (cant recall the names) but they didnt work at all. I ended up taking Zofran my whole pregnancy because I had morning sickness that long. I hope you start feeling better soon!
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 10:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I didn't take anything....I had Hyperemisis which is really really bad morning sickness and I was in the hospital 4 times in the first three months because I needed iv fluids because I couldn't even keep down a glass of water and I know it seems really really awful but if you keep telling yourself that you are not sick you are pregnant and this is something you have to do to have your baby it seemed to help me and it was all worth it....that is a lot of money for something that may or may not work. Thats just my opinion though....if you do get it filled i hope it works! I'd say if it is that much money though you should try and tough it out after the first trimester it gets so much better!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I never knew that gave morning sickness medicine I am 18 weeks and have been sick the whole time, it helps me to eat saltine crackers and drink a 7 up first thing in the morning, if you can't make it out of bed keep crackers next to your bed and eat one or two before you start moving... i am funny about taking medicine, I didn't with my first one either but luckily with him i was never sick.. I hope this helped...Nicki
    LDNicki

Answer by LDNicki at 9:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009