How young were your kids when you could see their personality?

I had 3 kids, but, when my daughter was born I could see she was gonna be my pay back. When I said something to my sister-in-law about that she flipped and said she hadn't developed a personality yet...(she was a few weeks old). What do you think? Can you recognize their personalities then?

Keni-Lyn

Asked by Keni-Lyn at 2:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Definitely. Without a doubt. My baby was born with a dislocated hip, so she wore a brace that kept her legs drawn up to her belly for weeks. The orthopedist said she wouldn't mind the brace because she was used to being curled up in the womb. Wrong! That baby was a mover from the word go. She cried and screamed the whole time she had that brace on, and when it came off, look out! She kicked so much we had to swaddle her legs at night or she wouldn't sleep. She hasn't quit moving, either. She escaped the crib at just over a year; put her hands on the top bar, shimmied her feet up, and heave ho! She didn't like the landing, but freedom was worth the price. The crib couldn't hold her anymore. And stubborn! If you push something she isn't ready for, you can forget it. But when she's ready, it just clicks. Weaning, potty training, building with blocks, everything. She'll outlast you, outscream you, outlaugh you, and outhug you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• I could with DD that young too. And I was right!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• Mine were tiny too! All fears were thoroughly confirmed by the time they were 3 months!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• Honestly, in the womb. He was super hyper and active even them but would always get still like he was "observing" whenever I played certain music or was around certain loud noises. To this day he's a super active kid with tons of energy but when something intrigues him he gets still and just listens/watches.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• I don't think I saw their personalities that young.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• In the womb,no joke!
    I had my amnio at 37 weeks
    The doc started inserting the needle and it looked like it was getting close to my baby's scrotum. It was hilarious,I saw his head whip around like WTF is THAT?? and he moved out of the way,lol
    He came out cynical. When he was a itty bitty baby he'd scrunch up his forehead when other kids were loud like OMG,can you shut up? I'm trying to sleep here!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2012

• I definitely think so. My son showed his true colors at about a week old and is only growing upon that. It's neat, isn't it?

Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2012