valentines...

My son goes to daycare while im in school, and they are having their valentines party next friday. Hes 8mons old, and the ages of the other babies vary. But they sent a list home of the names of all of them. I was confuesed by, what to get babies for valentines day. Any ideas? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i found valentines with suckers, then some with gummy bears, & some with twizzlers. So i got them all lol, and that way the parents can decide if they can eat any of it, and if not at least they will have a valentines card. Thanks for all your awnsers, they were all helpful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldn't send anything. I would ask the Daycare in person if you are really obligated to give Valentine's to babies. Are there older children? Are the kids seperated by age? I suppose if you really did want to get them anything, maybe go to Target, and in their dollar bins they tend to have a baby section, maybe just get them each a pair of cute socks? I wouldnt go with anything food oriented, since A. you doint know what their parents have allowed them to have yet, and B. you don't know of their potential allergies. Or, just go the easy way that all grade schools moms go~ paper valentines from the dollar store! lol.

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do! :)
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would give them something like fruit snacks. If their parents don't want them eating fruit snacks then they don't have to let them- but it shouldn't be your responsibility to find the perfect gift for your child's classmates.

I think they have some baby food like fruit snacks that is individually wrapped, check out the baby food aisle and see if there is anything. I wouldn't spend a lot of money though.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yea, Gerber does make fruit snacks. I started giving them to my son around 12 months. He loves them. Kinda chewy though.
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• um how bout something from $ store like teethers or inexpensive baby toys, or i l ike the fruit snack idea too cuz you can buy a box and divy it out.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would stay away from the dollar store for most things.... i seen on the news that is where a lot of products containing lead have been found because the regulations are not as strict.
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• what about like a small goodie bag of small lotions, baby body wash, cute but cheap wash rags, or some baggies of cheerios or those little flavored stars that melt in their mouths?? I wouldn't spend very much at all
    kayjay8806

Answer by kayjay8806 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2009