My Toddlers Won't Stop Fighting!

I'm writing a Toddler Buzz post about how moms help their toddlers to get along with one another. I'm curious whether moms believe it's best to be a mediator and intervene all the time, or if you just let them duke it out.

1. Do you have at least two toddlers who are siblings?

2. Do they fight all the time -- or at least a lot?

3. How do you help them "love" one another? Do you hover constantly, or let them go at it and resolve the issue themselves? What works for you?

Thanks, I hope to use some of your answers in an upcoming post in Toddler Buzz!

Cafe Cynthia

Cafe Cynthia

Asked by Cafe Cynthia at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hi my 2 toddlers are now 10 and 11 they are 18 months apart and from the moment my son could sit up they began to fued. he pulled her hair out she chucked sipper cups at him. he would antagonixe her until she hit him and then cry " sissy hit me " this was when they were 1 and 2. i would calmly say " go work it out with your sis" unless it was of a dangerous issue. then we would talk about how to be loving when you dont want to. time outs for anger management ususaly were incured. for minor sibling stuff i made them work it out themselves. now they still fight but they are also verry close and they are verry protective of each other. having to work it out taught them how to comunicate better with each other and prepared them for " working it out " with peers.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 4:05 AM on Feb. 10, 2009