How much clothing do you own?

I have about 5 "good" shirts.
6 Pairs of jeans & 2 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of boots.. Is that bad? I'm 28, A SAHM & I really don't go anywhere.

My weight is at the highest it's ever been & after having my kids I just don't feel like shopping anymore. I hate the way I look in anything so why spend the money? I'd rather spend it on my kids.

I was just curious to see if I'm the only one ;(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Shopping

• I used to be that way when I was younger. Now I have more clothes then I know what to do with. I think when we are young moms we want to give the kids everything and more and go without, and thats fine. But there is also nothing wrong with getting clothes to look nice. I always figured my kids wanted me to look good since Im the one out with them. Id say for me I own about 5 sweat suits, 5 pairs of jeans, 10 sweaters, 20 shirts, and 10 pairs of shorts and I dont even want to think about the shoes.

Answer by gemgem at 10:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• your not alone. i am the biggest i have ever been ( on a diet due to wedding im in. ) but i own more pj's then clothes. im a sahm and dont need to wear jeans when im home. when i go out i put on jeans but other then that its pj's lol. i own 3 jeans and a few sweatshirts and a bunch of tee shrits that are now to tight lol. i hate clothes shoping but when jeans get torn and wore out i will buy a new pair. i buy for the kids i also own 2 nice outfits so when i meet a teacher or have to drop of kids i look decent. but i dont own much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• LOL lets just say- I own a closet full- 2 dressers full... and clothes all over our extra room floor full =\ And continue to buy more and more clothes all the time. :) I don't wear everything I have though its just too sad to give it away. I've already given alot of my pre pregnancy clothes away but its too hard to bear giving more away
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I am also still fightin my baby weight and I hate shopping! So I own about 5 or 6 "work" shirts, a few t-shirts and 2 pairs of jeans that still fit me! Maybe 2 pairs of shoes. I always get depressed when looking for something to wear!
    Anonymous

• i dont have many clothes but ask my 9 yr old...ya its kind of a problem.but she looks good...lol
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have quite a bit. I have to dress up for work, but I live in jeans and tshirts when I out at home and on the weekends. I am really bad about buying my daughter clothes. She can go for a month without wearing the same thing twice.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• heaps and heaps and heaps, i love buying clothes but only wearing them once or twice then i buy new one again and again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=587800
    Anonymous

• I dont buy myself alot either. I own 3 good pair of jeans, 1 pair black dress pants, 2 nice button up shirts, 3 decent t-shirts, 2 dressy sleeveless tops (I love the store Torrid), and one nice semi-formal dress and 2 summer dresses, 3 pair of nicer shorts. I have 1 pair running shoes, 1 pair nice sketchers brown sueded shoes, 1 pair flip flops, and 2 pair of heels. That's the extent of my wardrobe other than my daily "cleaning" clothes I wear around the house lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• This is weird...I have [guessing] 15 coats, 15 sweatshirts, 10 capris, 10 shorts, 20 skirts, 40 shoes, a whole drawer of tank tops, a whole drawer of pj's, and probably easilly 100 shirts. Alot of it is stuff I've had for a few years or hand me downs from friends though.
    Anonymous