confused

im confused... i had a two day period not spotting but not heavy and it came early but it was mixed with a brown discharge.. my periods are always 28 days apart and are 5 days long heavy at first than light but NEVER had brown discharge with it.. any idea what could of caused this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, a brown discharge can be old blood, or it can be a result of hormone changes. Though the worst thing it could probably be is a sign of a yest infection. I would recommend calling your gyno. They'd have the best answer for you :)

Good luck with everything!

---------> also, did you try a pregnancy test? Most hospitals can do a blood test in their lab, thats the most accurate. You could call and ask for one?
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• maybe ur pegnant. you should take a test.
    Perez18

Answer by Perez18 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You could have ovulated early, or not at all. I had a period like that once, and the only thing I can figure is that it was because I'd had an anovulatory cycle.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• While on birth control every period i had was dark brown, nasty. I can't remember the last time I had "normal" bleeding for a period. did you try a HPT?
    Anonymous

• i have taken a hpt and it was so light.. my last normal period was dec. 11 and it last 5 days.. in jan i only had spotting with brown discharge...
    Anonymous

• I had an ectopic, and it was almost exactly like this. I had a very short, lighter than normal 'period' that was a few days late. I had taken an hpt previous, and the second line was so faintly there that I thought I was imagining it. I called my doc, she said test again after the bleeding. I did and the second was still very light, but there. I went in for blood tests, and an ultrasound to find that I was pregnant, but it was ectopic and in my right tube.
    Go and get your blood checked from your doctor so that they can catch any problems if there are any. I really hope everything is ok for you.
    Good Luck!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009