The second coming?

A friend and I were talking the other day. What if some woman stated an Angel came to her and said she was carrying the next Savior? Who would believe her? Can you imagine the internet sensation that would be? What if it happened to you? Let's say there was no possible way that you had gotten pregnant any other way. Would you tell people? What would you tell your family?

They say that Christ will come again. How much of a believer are you? What would it take for you to believe someone proclaiming that they were pregnant with the Lord's baby?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe at all

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• Okay...this is not for me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• People get pregnant either through sex or medical intervention, not magic.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• I didn't believe it the first time it happened.
    Since I don't believe in God nothing will convince me any woman is carryig his "child". Of course if someone were to make that claim tehre would be a whole slew of tests she'd have to go through in this day and age to "confirm" it which I doubt very highly would be passed.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• In the age of computers and science I wouldn't believe it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• I always thought the second coming would be Jesus as he was before, not being born again.
    EngMom

Answer by EngMom at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• well..not to get technical, but all we know of Christ's first coming and his planned return is written in the Bible. if we are to believe the words of the first coming, its only natural we would believe the words pertaining to his second. and no where in the Bible, whether you read for belief or enjoyment or whathaveyou, does it say he will come again through an immaculate womb.
    just my take on it.*shrugs*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• Second coming would be Jesus coming back at the END, not born again as a human child. That scenario would not fulfill any prophecies
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2012

• Once the child started performing miracles I'd start taking notice. I don't know what it would take its individual.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2012