1 month old with really bad tummy problems?????

My 1 month old baby boy has been having really bad gas and acting like his belly hurts him all the time...like all day long on and off. His Dr. told me to try a different formula specially for gas and fussiness. So we tired that...and no change in his behavor. I try burping him often, rubbing his belly, rubbing his back, and gas relief drops. Some of the time those things help but it always comes back. Anyone know what I can do to help him? I feel so bad because there isn't anything I can do for him! UGH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ohhhh, i know exactly what you are going through! My son had the same issues~ i can still remember when he was a month old, i had to lay him with me on the couch on my tummy and rub his back while he cried himself to sleep. I felt so bad... I'm so glad that is over!! All i can recommend is pretty much what your Dr. has said. I found that the Good Start Soy formula worked the best for me.

I do wnt to mention a friend who has a 3 month old SWEARS by Enfamil Prosobee Lipil Soy formula. I guess it works really good for gas, spitting up and fussyness.

If you are interested in trying that one, I have two Pick N Save coupons for buy one get one free on any can (worth $13.85!) so I will send them to you. Just private message me.

Good luck, hope your little guy starts feeling better!!!

Oh! and try the playtex drop-in's bottles. those worked wonders. i have some of those too if you want them!
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Someone at my baby shower had given me some Gripe Water, it's made with ginger. It seemed to help my 2month old when she was really gassy. You can get it at wal-mart or any drug store, I think it runs around 10.00 a bottle or less. Hope that helps!
    Dragon_Heart

Answer by Dragon_Heart at 10:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh i would stay away from Gripe Water!! my son got very sick from it and was hospitalized for 2 nights at just under one month!

It may work for some... just not for mine.
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• try folding a recieveing blanket into one long peice and wrap it tightly around his belly, not tight enough to hurt....just snug enough to make him comfortable. it worked with my daughter, my mom told me to do it she did it with us when we were little and it helped alot. my daughter atleast slept. so...yeah. . . .
    Anonymous

• My daughter has tried 6 different formulas finally we switched her to Similas Isomil Advanced(soy)
    was like night and day, it is also cheaper than prosobee. My daughter use to grunt, cry screem, was very unconfortable, now she enjoys her bottles and is soooo content. Good Luck, I know how you feel. Let us all know how he does.
    Anonymous