Stripped Membranes

My doctor did this yesterday and I had contractions a lot last night and some today but they aren't getting stronger. It kinda feels like the baby is a lot lower and I have to get up very slow, because it feels like she is going to fall out. Sex is not an option as my husband is deployed. And my hip bones feel like they are extremely bruised. Is there a way to make the contractions stronger/regular.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 10:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walk !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My dr stripped my membranes, and i went into labor at 4am that night/day. It was the FASTEST labor of my three children. lol. so if you start feeling anything out of the ordinary, I'd get to the dr.

As far as getting your contractions to get stronger or more regular... don't think there is much you can do. I would recommend walking alot, although i'm sure its painful.

Other than that, good luck! I'm so sorry your husband isn't there to experience this exciting event with you :( Hope you have family to support you through it?

Let us know how it all goes!
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If you feel leakage sit on the toliet and cough if you feel more then your water has broke . I don't think alot of people know about this but it works . I have had my water break at home and only being 1-3 cm dialated . Walking would start the contractions or try walking up and down stairs . I would make sure someone is with you though incase contractions come on strong .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Walk and Drink Raspberry Leaf Tea (must have the LEAVES in it so check the ingrediants).

The Raspberry Leaf Tea helps to tone the uterus and can help the uterus to contract if you body is ready.

I would say though that now is the time to take a nap, get things together for the hospital, eat something with carbs (energy for labor), drink juice, drink water, drink gatorade (to hydrate and help you keep from dumping keytones), and relax.

Your labor will start on it's own when your body is ready. I know your anxious honey but REALLY it's important that you take this time to relax. AND HEY...relaxing and not worrying about how to get labor going may actually get it going because your body will be able to relax and do what it needs to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• With my last pregnancy the doc did this on July 10th at 9am. I started contractions late late July 11th and on July 12, I had a baby girl.

I agree with the last poster. Try to get some rest if you can. You will need it and also get something to eat and plenty of drink.

Good luck and congrats to you and your family.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 6, 2009