Father Daughter relationship......

Are any of you single mothers but you still give your babies father regular visits and get along? How is the relationship between them? How is the relationship between you and the ex? I am going thru all of this right now and its just constantly awkward for him to visit....but the baby is only 4 months old so they don't really have that "relationship" yet, im just wondering basically how it affects your child to have to share holidays, share weekends, share everything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• At her age itll probably be ok because its all she will ever know. My kids never did well be shuffled from home to home and now my teens just dont bother visiting their dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have two daughter's (8 and 13). They see their dad every weekend and both of them are really close to him. I think it is vital for children (especially girls) to have a strong, consistent relationship with their father. Our children don't choose us, WE CHOOSE THEM.
    That being said, we have to provide as much stability and security as possible when mom and dad can't resolve issues well enough to provide that security under one roof.
    As challenging and awkward as it may be for you now, your daughter will reap the long term benefit if you encourage them to have a strong connection. Your DD will thank you for it when she is old enough to understand that you have always put her needs ahead of your own. Good Luck!
    DivaTrio

Answer by DivaTrio at 12:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009