How do you get EVOO out of the carpet?

I use EVOO as a moisturizer, well I have my big container sitting on the bathroom counter (mistake #1) because I hadn't refilled my little one that I keep in the bathroom. Well I left the bathroom door open (mistake #2) and Hayley (my 20.5 month old) walked in and pulled it off the counter dumping my EVOO all over the stretch of bathroom carpet (it is in frount to the double sink)!

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 11:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you can put cornstarch or baking soda over the spot over night and them vacuum the next day. either one should absorb the oil.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Do you have a bissell cleaner? I bought mie at walmart for about $50 (i know, money is tight), but i love it! use it for everything.

otherwise, i would wipe it up with a towel, then use a soapy washcloth to scrub it out (gently). dont be too rough or the carpet will get scruffy looking there. use plenty of water. then once its out rinse with alot of water then towel dry it, then air dry. good luck!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 11:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would LOVE to go buy one but I don'e even have enough $$ to pay all my bills =-(

I'll try the soap and water trick! Thanks
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 11:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• try dishsoap. If I spill or splatter oil on me while cooking, I put dishsoap on the spot and let it dry and then wash it. I have never had a grease or oil stain not come out since doing that.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Dawn detergent would be my best guess.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 3:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• If it is a rug then throw it in the wash, but you can just use soap and water and then rinse it really well and vacuum it and let it dry. The baking soda is a good idea though. I wouldn't use cornstarch, that might get a bit nasty and get stuck in the carpet.
    flora52

Answer by flora52 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009