Do you think it is fair to ask my son's grandmother (his father's mother) to pay for a dna test???

This woman has been denying my son since pregnancy. He is 1 and a half now. She told her son (my ex) that some guy came up to her sayin that the baby was his. BULL SHIT!!!! but of course my ex considered it since it was his mother telling him this. I'm a little less than two yrs older than him so his mother is convinced that I took advantage of him (we were friends before we got together). She told him not to sign the birth certificate and when my son was two months old, she moved to a whole nother state!!! She told me she raised her kids on her own, so i should do the same. My ex had to sneak to see his own son. And the day I gave birth she said he wasn't there but i found out later he was in the shower! Anyway he is going to be 18 soon and I want him to finally make his own decisions. I want my son to have a father in his life and one on his birth certificate. I think a Dna test would eliminate doubt and she should pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, he should pay for it or stand up to his mommy. There is no reason she would pay for that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Agree with above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Were you over 18 when you got pregnant with you child?

If you were over 18, you should be glad his mother didn't press charges of raping her son on you.

To answer your Q, no, The mother of your sons father should not have ot pay for a DNA test.

Answer by louise2 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Oh i forgot to mention she said she wanted one last year. Its too late to remind her about that now right???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No. She shouldn't have to pay- she didn't have anything to do with it. Her attitude is unfortunate, but it's pretty obvious that she would refuse to pay for a DNA test, anyway. I wouldn't waste my breath if I were you.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Split the cost then if she is willing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• She couldn't be charged with rape- the law is 4 years over 16 .. i believe I read this in a magazine-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• oh no no no no. I was 17 when i got pregnant. I thought he was only a few months younger than me. I didn't find out his real age until after I was pregnant. But she did threaten to press charges (she thought I was 21 HA HA HA ) She couldn't do that right? Well I guess thats another subject
    Anonymous

• Did she offer to PAY for it last year? If so, then maybe she might pay for it. I wouldn't expect her to if I were you, though. But if the baby's father knows it's his and you know it's his, why do you need a DNA test? Just to prove it to her?
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• What a witch! I'm sorry you're having to deal with her.

I think the first thing you need to do is encourage your ex to make up his own mind. If HE wants a DNA test - then you two should figure out a way to pay for it. If he accepts his son, screw what his mom thinks. Why waste the money if he knows he is Daddy?
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2009