What information should I leave for a new baby-sitter?

Feel free to be as obvious as you want. I've got a severe case of "mommy brain", and I want to make sure I don't forget anything!

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 11:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Phone numbers.
    Any problems your son/daughter(s) might have. E.g Allergies or medical problems.
    Location of first aid kit.
    Bed time.
    When to feed or give them food. So they're not snacking throughout the night.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• All that Mummytomore said - but also leave a list of house rules. For instance your child might say, "I'm aloud to play outside alone" - you want to make sure the babysitter knows that isn't aloud. Kids can be convincing!

Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 11:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• One number not to forget is the poison control # because if she calls 911 if something like that happens, all 911 will do is call poison control so she is better off calling PC first then 911. I just finished an Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class and that is what they told us. Apparently PC is one of the hardest #s to find in the phone book.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• well... everything everyone said is great...
    i also tell them the ways i disapine them...
    and tell them not you let my 2 yr old walk alover them...
    and i lised of numbers along with
    a nurs hotline number....
    poison control number....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 1:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Dont forget your phone numbers, but also a landline phone number of where you will be. (Like a restaurant, etc.) Also, your anticipated time home.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009