How do I get my 2year old boy to poop in the toilet?

I have a 2year old boy who has no problem peeing in the toilet but won't go poop. He does sit down as well as wipe his own butt, mostly to play w/ the toilet paper. But no poop. how can I get him to poop in the toilet?

tjmommy15

Asked by tjmommy15 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HA HA. My now 5yrold boy, was so hard to potty train, he was fully potty trained at 3 1/2. so don't cross your fingers. I tried forcing him which lead to him giving up all together. He would also pee in the tolet, but poo in his pullup. I don't know why, but he did. I tried forcing him to use the tolet, i tried rewards, i tried timeouts if he didn't use the potty, only to find out, why should i force him and stress about this, beleave me, know kid poops in there paints forever. I had to take off trying all together for about a week, and then i simply can back more energized at it and refreashed and so did he and then i just let him run around butt naked and watched him closly and when you catch them sneaking off to poo, you grab um and stick them on the pot, he was then potty trained a week later. My mom tried, his aunt tried, everyone, but i all came down to him being ready himself
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 10, 2009