Define Faith

To me it is believing in something you can not see. I am a christian so yes my Faith is in God.

One person once said you have faith in your car and i was like huh and he said you had faith in your car this morning that it would start or you have faith in your electricity you can't see it but its there..look up your lights are on...can you see the electricity...
no bashing i just thought it was interesting.

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 11:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Faith is something you believe in, unlike hope which is something you wish for.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Faith is believing in something you can't see, touch or feel.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Faith is something you believe in without having to see it. For instance when you turn on the faucet you know water is going to come out. How?Because it always does so you have faith in that. Spiritually we have faith without seeing because we know God exists and have had experience in him answering prayers or working in our lives. Everytime God works in our lives it creates more faith because we know we are not alone and he is listening to us and providing for us.
    Hope is also important because without Hope we have no faith. Hope is the seed of Faith. We Hope God listens when we are baby christians and when he answers it gives us faith. Without Hope we wouldnt believe in anything or think anything good could happen.

Answer by gemgem at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I trust and have faith in God, weither He wants my car to start that mroning, so be it..But its He who makes everything possible. God provides inmy life. And its working out really good :) .
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would also like to add, that having faith in something doesnt mean that its a guarrantee ..there are going to be times to have hope, and sometimes wait patiently...but thats only to strengthen our faith ..Faith is trusting without the need for concrete proof or "guarantee"...i mean , do people have faith in their cars even after it might not stasrt that morning , or do they only have faith in it beacuse its a brand new car and the chances of it breaking down are slim?..
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• The definition of faith is having belief in something for which there is no evidence for...I have evidence that my water will come out of the faucet and my car will start every morning...and in the right setting, I can 'see' electricity.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Faith is the substance of things hoped for...the evidence of things unseen.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I'm with mizkaye on this one. I don't need to have faith that my car will start. If it is properly maintained, than it will start. If the battery is dead, all the faith in the world will not make my car start. If I don't pay my utility bills, all the faith in the world will not make my lights come on, or my water flow from the faucet. And likewise all the faith in the world does not make god real.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• nice answers!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Faith~an internal belief in something you cant necessarily see but know its there or something you know will work out.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009