Did you tell your kids you were pregnant in any cute/fun ways?

yesterday we decided to tell our son (8yrs old) he was going to be a big brother. I went to walmart and bought one of those "baby on board" signs you put on the car windows and stuck it on his window. We told him we were going somewhere and to go get in the car so when he walked out he saw it..he got mad and said "i'm not a baby, whats this doing here!?" it was so funny.. then we explained that there will be a baby on board. he thought about it and looked at me and said, "what are you having a baby, are you sure?" then he poked my stomach..lol. he thought we were lying because he has been wanting one for so long. i showed him the sonogram pic and he still didnt believe me..i had to go dig out his picture from when he was in my belly and then he finally believed once he saw the two pictures side by side and he was so excited!!

*share your fun stories

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2012 in Pregnancy

• My kids knew before dh,they would be like mommmmm you been awful pukey in the morning lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Oldest DD was 4 when we told her, we had gone to an ultrasound and got a copy just for her that the tech wrote "Hi Big Sister August" on the bottom. We also gave her I'm the Big Sister tee shirt that she wore to Thanksgiving that day, and though most people knew already they played along like she was breaking the big news it was great :)
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• I laid out a few "big sibling" and "new baby" books, my Ergo (from when I carried her, she knows it's for carrying babies and she has a mini Ergo), and a onesie (also from her) in the yard. I took her outside to see something and recorded her reaction. She is three, four this month, and she has been talking about having a little sibling FOREVER. She talks about it all the time, draws pictures, etc. Way before we started TTC even. Once when she was 2.5 she told someone in the store that I was pregnant (I was not, nor was I trying). My mom got all excited (we were on vacation with her). She continued talking about it so much that I frequently had to deny a pregnancy when she would talk about or draw pictures of her "baby brother or baby sister." She was just obsessed with the idea. Now, she is very excited, reading lots of books about babies and birth, talking about it all the time. I think it will be a long wait for her.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2012