What do you think I should do?

Ill try to make this short. im 19 weeks preg. and my doctor has me stressing out. I have had one ultrasound (which it only took the tech around 10mins to do it) and he told me he couldnt see alot of things so we had to do another one soon. i went to the doc yesterday and he told me i had a complete plesenta (which the tech told me he couldnt find the plesenta) and that they cant see the noise which means it might have a cleft lip. and do much more. but they didnt sche. another ultrasound till the 16th of march! and they will not let me do another one sooner. (i know someone who has the same due date as me and shes had 4 ultra sounds already and everything is fine with her)

anyway im really stressing out because he just gave me bad news after bad news and doesnt seem to care or anything. and i know its not healthy for me to be this stressed but i cant even stop crying. what should i do?

voll3yballchick

Asked by voll3yballchick at 12:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would try to get another doctor that is more understanding and isn't a complete jerk to you. that is wrong. I know we are supposed to have an ultrasound at 19 weeks or so to do measuring and and im not sure after that see i have been having complications and had to have an ultrasound done every week from 20 weeks to 22 or 23 weeks so yeah it is nerve racking when you don't know what is going on. FOr sure either that get a second opinion from another doctor and see. oh finally i know it is upsetting my doctor has to tell me every week to CALM DOWN don't always work but she tries because if can cause stress on the baby to

RELAX and get a second opinion
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• go to someone ...get a new dr., or talk to him first if you dont want to change and tell him whats bothering you and if you see that he doesnt care then switch your early in your pregnancy ...relax !!! if your eating right and taking your prenatal ...then i dont see how anything can be wrong but stay postitve .....law of attraction.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• They shouldn't have said anything to make you worry until they were positive beyond a doubt that there might be some problems. I had to go in for a second u/s because they couldn't get the measurements and such that they needed too (with the baby's heart), ..... I had a healthy beautiful baby girl 18months ago. Try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done but it is better for yourself and your baby if you don't. They are probably just waiting until then b/c the baby will be larger and everything will be easier to see. Stay positive.
    Anonymous