Does anyone use herbs/vitamins for stress/anxiety/mood? Such as 5-HTP, St. John's Wort, SAMe, etc?

If so, please explain :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Health

• I began using St. John's Wort a week ago to help with some depression I am feeling. I have not noticed a dramamtic difference, but I do feel that I am handling stress a little better--a week ago, I would fly off the handle, get furious for no reason, etc. and that seems to be improving.

Its important to keep in mind that anytime you begin taking an herbal medicine, it takes time for it to start working. Its not like taking an aspirin, and you feel better in an hour. That is why I have been taking the St John's Wort for several days. Also, the effects will be gradual, so if you are dedicated you should see some improvement, but you must be patient. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009