Any Potty training suggestions/Tips for a 2 year old girl??

LBZinski

Asked by LBZinski at 12:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try taking her potty with you and tell her "look mommy's going potty" and while you go sit her on her potty chait to go too. Reward her for going. For example 1 gummy bear for peeing 2 for pooping. Once you make the switvh to pull ups don't go back to diapers because it eill confuse her. You can also try letting her spend an entire day (in your own house of course) 100% naked. No diaper no anything. And anytime she has to go sit her on the potty. Accidents are pretty easy to clean up. Good luck let me know if any of this works for you!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• When my daughters were small I kind of got the idea when it was time to potty train them. They show signs like going into the bathroom standing near the toilet. Pulling at their diapers. etc. The one mistake I found my friends were doing was to try to potty train them too soon. Once I decided my girls were ready for the potty I made the decision to get a pile of training pants and do away with the diapers all together. Some people put training pants on them during the day and then a diaper at nite. In my eyes this sends them a mixed message and can be confusing. put a; rubber pad under their bed sheet. You may be surprised to find out just how quick they get it.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009