Has anyone had a miscarriage after having a good prenatal visit?

i went to my first prenatal visit yesterday at 7wks. we got to see the baby and even hear the heartbeat at 130 bpm. the doctor said everything looked great and was measuring normal. it really made me feel at peace. I've had in the past one miscarriage where i went in at 7wks for my first prenatal appt and there was nothing and was told i would miscarry within a week...so this made me feel really good. i hope this means i'm in the clear. has anyone ever had a miscarriage after having good prenatal visits? i just can't help but worry all the time ever since i've had that miscarriage.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Oh mama I can understand why you're worried. Sometimes miscarriages just happen even if they are having a perfect pregnancy.
    Try not to think about it and only think positive.
    Congrats btw!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Yes. My doctor wasn't able to explain to me why it was taking place. But it was still a shock.
    KBowser3604

Answer by KBowser3604 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• I looked up the stats after I saw the heartbeat... the miscarriage chance drops to 3-5% after seeing the heartbeat. Try to relax and enjoy, we cannot control what will happen and the chances are low now that you know baby is okay :0).
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• There are five types of miscarriage as i had read some pregnancy guidebook. Threatedned miscarriage, inevitable miscarriage, imcomplete miscarriage, complete miscarriage and missed miscarriage. All of them occurs when there is a bleeding except missed miscarriage. Missed miscarriage is less usual, there maybe no miscarriage symptoms, but the fetus stops developing and dies and the miscarriage isn't diagnosed until the routine scan at around 12 weeks. But an early miscarriage is usually due to a problem such as a chromosomal or structural abnormality in the fetus.

I can totally understand your feeling of worries in the early trimester but you can't do anything except stay calm and be not in the stressful condition. Stay healthy and be cheerful!
    Ally666

Answer by Ally666 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• I do not think that until you actually have a live birth that your fears are put to ease. I have had a miscarriage after quite a few great prenatal visits but the chances are much slimmer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2012

• yeah i know..i was terrified until i saw my sons face
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2012

• 1, and it was a missed miscarriage
    Keni-Lyn

Answer by Keni-Lyn at 12:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2012