Any ideas on how to ween my little 2 year old girl off her pacifier?

She is very attached to it and I know she needs to be done, Any ideas??

LBZinski

Asked by LBZinski at 12:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just take it away and be done with it. It will all be over in a few days as opposed to potentially longer by weening or slowly taking it....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• thats what i did to mine i take them all away and that was that and she hasnt asked for one since
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• With Cali I started off by telling her durring the day that she's a big girl and don't need the bink.... I only gave it to her at night... Then the hubs said enough is enough and threw it away.... It was hard for a week or so but it worked.
    mommyOfours

Answer by mommyOfours at 1:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Just toss it, no weaning. It will be harder if you try to wean, the first day or so will be rough but you'll be better off in the end.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• tell her its groose or yucky... you know something like that... and throw it away... and be done with them... i never used them and i have 2 kids... BUT all three for my nefews used them and thats what my sisters did....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 1:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You could tie them to a helium balloon and tell her that they are going to someone who has a little baby who needs them.
    Anonymous

• I read something once..(my son doesn't like pacifiers) but I liked it. Take a very short string (so she doesn't hang herself) And tie the pacifier to a doorknob. Tell her she can have the pacifier only if she stands by the door. What I read (this was something another mom had done) was that the child wants to go play and have fun, so they eventually wean themselves off.
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• These are all good, BUT.... I also have a 1 year old that still needs hers, soooo how do I tell her nope your to big when her little sister has one??? I am scared to take it away from the Katelyn (1 yr old) because I feel she is not ready yet.
    LBZinski

Answer by LBZinski at 12:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2009