Should I let him come home to attend his upcoming court date???

Long story short....my husband is locked up and has a court date coming up in a few weeks for his lawsuit against Wal-Mart for wrongful termination. No one knows whether or not he is going to get any money but he doesn't want to miss his court date. The thing is I no longer want him in the home but the fact of him not having any place to go and no one else to help him is weighing heavy on me simply because if he misses his court date I would be the blame.

KBowser3604

Asked by KBowser3604 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• Can you let him stay at the house while you and the kids stay somewhere else? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I understand the situation.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:44 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Offer him some money for a cheap hotel if it's only a few days. He can pay you back if he gets any settlement.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:46 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• I would assume that he will be on probation/parole? I think he needs to have an address to get released, what is he locked up for? I most likely wouldn't want him if he did something violent. Tell him to get a cheap hotel and a job, and wish him well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• We don't have any where else to go. And the only way he'll be able to get out is on house arrest and a land line is required. The only people that have really been there for him is me and his sister. He has put us both through some mess and we both are tired of all the mess but at the same time we want to do the right. I have four kids. The two youngest ones are his. My older kids no longer like him and don't trust him and knowing that he put my name, my sons name, and one of my sons best friends name in the police statement has really effected us.
    KBowser3604

Comment by KBowser3604 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Why is he locked up? What did he do?

If he got himself in trouble and has nowhere to go, that isn't your fault, that's his.

If you let him come back to your home, things won't get any better for you or your kids. Time to break ties and make him live with the consequences of his own actions.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• No, I wouldn't. Honestly he is grown its not your responsibility to make sure he is at his court appearances. From what you've said he's put you enough enough shit, it's a vicious cycle. Be strong.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Why is he in jail? I would say let the sister have him, your kids don't need any more drama.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• Wouldn't they assign a guard or someone to be with him at all times?

I am sorry this is out of my league.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• This is the run down
    1. Last year he decided he would break into our neighbors apartment.
    2. I told him to give it back. He did not so while he was out trying to sell the stuff he left our kids, and my nephews in the house. I'm at work and my son calls me and ask me what should he do because the dudes were trying to break the door down. The only thing I could do was call the police but when the came the dudes were gone. When I got home I made him give the stuff back. After that the police came and arrested him. He was locked up for a month and finally let go on pretrial release. So for about a year he has been going back to court for motions and stuff. His attorney offered him a plea bargain which was 6 month probation and house arrest. He would still be able to work but he turned that down. He got mad at his attorney and told him that he was God and the attorney had him admitted in a mental institute for an evaluation.
    KBowser3604

Comment by KBowser3604 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2012

• but he missed his court date by trying to do things on his own which was a waste of time and money and got a bench warrant placed on him. He turned himself in on my birthday June 18. He did about 3 months in the mental institute and now he is backed locked up in the local correctional center. His trial date for the isnt till November but the case for Wal-Mart is in a few weeks.
    KBowser3604

Comment by KBowser3604 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2012