Running around naked?

My 3 year old daughter has a sudden aversion to clothes. It doesnt matter what I put on her, unles we are getting ready to leave she takes it off. The only thing she will keep on is her panties. Is this normal?

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 12:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yep! I'm not as good about insisting the kids keep their clothes on at home but when hubby gets home, he wants everybody covered. Even my 6 year old would still run around in her undies if we let her. Gotta love how innocent kids are!
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 12:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yep. I can remember the funny stories about me in the ball pit when i was younger, very embarrassing. But my husband finds it funny. It's quite normal. my 3 oldest boys have gone through that stage and im sure the other 3 will.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• For sure, my son will strip down..........sometimes to nothing, the minute we walk in the door. As long as we are home, he wants NOTHING to do with clothes.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I dont really understand this naked phenomenon. My children were never ever allowed to run around naked anywhere. it's called modesty.

get some clothes on that kid!
    Anonymous

• All kids go through a stage of wanting to be naked. My daughter would run around in her panties if i let her (she's 4). But we have 2 big brothers in the house, and they always have friends over, so she knows she needs to wear clothing. My boys spent their early childhood in onesies or diapers because we lived in Guam with no air conditioner for 2 years, but they were never allowed to play completely naked. The privates are always covered lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• it's normal..LoL... dh and all his sibs used to strip when they were little. LoL
    timandisaacsmom

Answer by timandisaacsmom at 5:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I hated clothes when I was a kid, apparently I was quite the streaker and our daughter didn't discover modesty till she was quite a bit older. We don't care, it's just kids being free.....
    Anonymous

• my son is 2.....hates clothes
    AShleyvpimpin

Answer by AShleyvpimpin at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• lol. I am going through that right now. I have 3 boys (10, 6, 2). When my 2 oldest bring home friends after school, they warn them that their baby brother might be naked. Not only am I potty training him, but also, he hates to wear clothes.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My almost 3yo went from being terrified of not being completely covered last year (like freaking out to be changed or have a bath or whatever because her legs and arms were "naked") to being a freaking stripper. She will randomly go into her room, strip buck naked and run through the house screaming like a maniac. Then she will go back in her room and get dressed and laugh hysterically. She's a nut.
    My 6yo daughter still wanders around the house in just her underwear in the morning. In the summer she sleeps in just her pull-up but I usually make her put a shirt on when she comes down in the morning.
    She doesn't get why it's okay for her brother (who is 7) to be without a shirt and not her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:45 PM on Feb. 6, 2009