Diet Pills are for Lazy People

Diet pills are ALL a sham!!! The only way to lose weight is to burn calories and build MUSCLE (which also burns calories even while you are at rest). Why do people constantly think they will find a quick fix by taking a pill? EAT RIGHT, WORKOUT, and get rest and don't feed your body too much alcohol/medications/chemcials and you will start to look better and feel better. Also, not everyone is meant to be "thin" some people are built to be a little thicker but that doesn't mean you can't still be healthy. Just lay off the diet pills and scams because thats all they are, SCAMS, they prey on people's desperation and laziness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I totally agree.
    Anonymous

• None of them actually WORK, haven't you noticed? Thats why there are SO many out there.
    Anonymous

• I think that's kinda harsh. I do agree that all diet pills, books, plans, etc are all a sham. But I don't think all people who try them are lazy. They are just hoping that it works. There probly are lazy people who just want it to work fast and easy. But most people who are overweight and have been for awhile are looking for something to help them.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Yup.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• But most people who have been overweight for a while haven't really stuck to a healthy diet/workout plan long enough for it to work. Health is a complete LIFESTYLE change and its not quick. And if they are having problems that are medical then diet pills still aren't their answer.
    Anonymous

• Amen!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Isn't it funny how ( and i know this is kind of off the sub but not really) Oprah is always telling people to exercise and eat right etc etc and how diets dont work. Well I watch her show and there was just this episode the other day and this guy was telling what is good to eat etc. and he said to her that PB &J sandwiches arent bad and did she want one and she said " I'm not doing carbs or sugar right now. What the hell!!! She needs to listen to her own advice. No wonder she keeps gaining weight back. I have been trying to find a good balance for a while now and it is still hard. I know you say to exercise and eat right and be healthy. But breaking a twenty year bad eating habit is hard. But better late than never right?
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• While I understand your point and I totally agree with it, I'm pretty sure this is a question forum, not a place for you to come and post your opinion. Some people choose to this route and it's not up for us to judge or bash them.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• but didnt she also give her opinion as well as ask a question. And wasn't she bashing to begin with? I just really took her question to heart because I have struggled for so long.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Uh ok then. Calm down sparky.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009