"Dad" wants to know what he needs to send me, what should i tell him?

my unborn childs dad & i were together off & on for the past 2 years. (this is both of our first child) from may 08 til october 08, we lived together. (i got pregnant in june) we have not seen eachother since october, & have only spoke to eachother maybe 5 times...all of which were arguments (by phone or email).
also, right when i left him & moved back in with parents i had a speeding ticket due (for getting him to work on time) i mentioned to him that it was due, he told me to pay it with my money & he would send me the money back...i never saw the money or heard about it again.
its now tax time & he out of no where calls, so im assuming he got his money from his tax return. he leaves me a voicemail wanting to know how things are going, & what he needs to send me.
im unsure of what to tell him being as he seems to be all talk, & doesnt act like hes being sincere about the situation. he cant just be a daddy when he wants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tell him you need your money!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• tell him what you need and then at the end i would tell him you won't be holding your breath though cuz you know how he is. maybe he will surprise you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Tell him you need your money back or your taking himto small claims. Tell him you also need child support.

Answer by gemgem at 12:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Tell him if he really wants to buy something for the baby then you'd like to go shopping together. Although it's apparent you guys don't necessarily get along this would be one way of making him live up to his promises. Otherwise, do you have a baby registry? If so, maybe just tell him to take a look at that and grab some of the more practical items left on it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• As far as the ticket goes...it was your ticket so let that one go. you got it, you pay for it.

But for the baby give him a certain amount that he will have to pay and he has to follow through if he doesn't you need to talk to a lawyer and see what you can do about this. He will have to pay child support wheather he likes it or not like this you will get your money by law he has to pay and if he doesn't he will go to jail. So start off with what you need but at the same time (don't tell him yet) get the child support going. It sounds to me he is man of NOT his word I would not trust or believe him anymore. This is about you and the baby. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• tell him to send you the money for the ticket plus 20% interest compounded monthly for teh time you waited for it... also let him know that he should prolly save something for the child support,
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2009