Detangler

So my 5 yr old has LOOOOONNNNGGG curly hair. I find it impossible to get a brush through it. I have tried pretty much every childrens detangler. The most recent being the jonhsons detangler in the blueish greem bottle. not impressed!!

any recommendations?

sarah6183

Asked by sarah6183 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• try leave in conditioner. I've found that that works the best.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Agree with TheDiva320....Good Luck
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I've had the best luck with adult conditioners. I'm currently using Pantene Breakage Defense on my daughter's hair and like it. I put it in, comb her hair, and then rinse it out. I've found that combing the hair while the conditioner is still in her hair makes a big difference.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• oh, meant to say in my question 'leave in conditioner'. Though thanks for the the tip on using adult condiitoners~ havne't tried those yet.

Any suggestions on leave in brands?
    sarah6183

Answer by sarah6183 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• after you give her a bath at night brush her hair and put it in a braid or 2 i have found after doing this at night its easier to brush my daughters hair in the morning no tangles
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Either leave alittle left in her hair when rinsing the coditioner  off her head or use a spray bottle and put some conditioner in it and fill with water.

That is what I do and it helps alot. Just brush or comb by sections and give her something to be occupied believe me anything to distract her let her look at something she would be interested in like your makeup mirror, polish, lipstick just don't use it on her (unless u want to) let her hold it and she will be content and you will be able to fix her hair with out her complaining.

All that complaining makes it extra hard to fix her hair.celebrity

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Butterfly is what one of my suggestions was going to be, My youngest girl has long curly hair and 70% of the time she looks like Madussa, but refuses a hair cut. The other detangler that my family likes is the Breck brand at the Dollar store and Wal-Marts detangler, everything else leaves the hair goopy. Good adult conditioner after every shampooing is key though.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• well I am 20 and I have two baby boys. I just recently cut my hair but I had cut of 2 feet of long curly hair. (banana curlys) very pretty. Though easy way to take care of her hair is to give her a bath and after the shampoo put little of condinter in her hair and and brush it then rinse. then when she gets out brush it then and if you dont put anything in her hair let it dry on its own. I did it for 12 years so it will work
    jyssi1557

Answer by jyssi1557 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have an 8 yr old mixed daughter with long curly hair. I ONLY brush her hair wet, always use some kind of leave in conditioner and put it in a braid at night. If we are running late we don't have time to soak her hair, I'll spray it with a mix of pantene conditioner and water and put it back in the braids. Also, the frizz ease line works wonders but you have to use all the steps.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 3:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My 5 year old granddaughters use detangler for their hair also. My daughter purchased the Kids Hair detangler made by Suave. It works great on theirs.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009