to anyone who has or had a boy that was circumsized or planning to

me and my SO are having a baby boy i want him circumsized he really hasn't said anything but when do they do the surgery? how long does it take? and just basically any information you can share about them.

26 weeks btw

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they do it while in the hospital im not real sure how long it takes
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• it dont take long if you plan on having it done after hes born they will do it while you are still in the hospital and they will ask you if you want him numbed or not i didnt cause my nephew was numbed and he bled longer so i didnt want him to but its up to you
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It depends on your insurance. Usually they do it after birth while you're still in the hospital. I say if you're going to do it, the sooner the better. We had our son circumsized and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a quick procedure. I think in the long run it's a lot cleaner. But, to each his own.
    FLmommy

Answer by FLmommy at 12:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It depends on your insurance. I had all 3 of my sons done in the hospital. Our insurance covered it. My dd had a son in 06 and was on medicaid and they didnt cover it. We had to pay out of pocket $225 for it. He was brought into the dr office and it took maybe 15 min total.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my son had his done in a doctors office, he was around 4 months old ( we waited that long because of moving and money issues anyways even with numbing him up he was in and out in about 10 minutes. only time he cried was when they numbed him , never made a peep when they put the plastic ring on
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• okay i was just wondering i was and looked up them and it looks so painful and scares me to think the baby is in all that pain. makes me cry literally i have tears in my eyes. lol i know it is good for the baby but still owwww
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• not nec good for the baby...do some research first..
    www.nocirc.org
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• btw our hospital didnt do them so check with yours to see if they do

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• it took them like 15 min to do my son the only thing that took long was getting the dr to come down and do it they did my sons the day we went home when he came back 15 min later he wasnt even crying we had the bell thing done it is a hard plastic ring that goes over their stuff and it takes about 10 days and falls off. good thing about it is you can give them a bath with it on. we are expecting another one and if it is a boy we will have the same thing done. wouldnt change anything good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Well I have to little boys They both were done.. Usually it is done at the hospital, depending on your insurance- My boys where done 14 days after they where born because there doctor did it at her office. it takes like less then 10 mins and you have to put vasile and gauze on it for 3 days I totally recomond it . if is alot cleaner
    jyssi1557

Answer by jyssi1557 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009