How can i get my 2 year old to sleep in his own bed??

ive tried laying with him in his toddler bed until he falls asleep, but he wakes up in the midddle of the night and gets in bed with me. ive tried moving him in his bed after he falls asleep with me, but that doesnt seem to help....somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!!

i_luv_zane

Asked by i_luv_zane at 12:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the same problem... but i posted it on here & I actualy got it to work. Im so happy, she told me to have the father put him to bed( u knoow if u live with him & stuff, lol) but that really worked for us. after a while of him putting her to bed I can put her down to sleep too, Thanks who ever u were
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 2:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• moving him/leaving after he is asleep is a mean trick. be firm. tell him he's going to go to sleep by himself tonight. When he gets up, walk him back to his bed and tuck him back in. do not get in bed with him! My sister did the same as you... laying in bed with them until they were asleep. Now, at 6 and 7 years old, her boys STILL wont go to sleep without someone in the room. my sister cannot hire a babysitter for an evening out b/c she cant have a sitter lay in bed with her boys for them to go to sleep!

nip it in the bud now mama.
    Anonymous

• moving him/leaving after he is asleep is a mean trick. be firm. tell him he's going to go to sleep by himself tonight. When he gets up, walk him back to his bed and tuck him back in. do not get in bed with him!
    ...............................
    I agree with this. Also be consistant. Put him in his bed. If he gets up, put him back in and again and again. He needs to learn to go to bed on his own and self sooth.
    tln1

Answer by tln1 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009