what do you do???

about very confrontational woman who are very aggressive dont realize it but you still want to be there friend but you dont want to deal with there crap????

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't control the other person, so you have to ask yourself why you want to be this persons friend. What is it (other than stress) that they will bring to your life?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You just have to decide what this friendship is worth in the long run. I had a friend like this once. She was a very loyal friend and had all the best intentions. However, she had a very passive aggressive personality and it made being friends with her very stressful. In the end I decided it was too much work trying to maintain some level of balance to keep her aggressive behaviors at bay and had to let her go. It was a sad choice but in the end it was the best for both of us. So, back to the first statement I made was that you have to figure out it's worth to you. If you choose to be friends with this person be prepared for a lot of stress that will inevitably come with it.
    (Sorry, I deleted my initial response because I read over it and realized it didn't really make any sense. This statement was what I was trying to get at.)
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My cousin is a very confritational girl . And I told her straight up that if she kept acting that way I never wated to talk to her again. I would do it again in a heart beat. Some ppl with change some wont. You just gotta realize if the friendship is better off dealing with it or just letting it go.
    Jordies_Mommy07

Answer by Jordies_Mommy07 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Agressive women often believe they are just straightforward and honest. So YOU need to be straightforward and honest. Say "Hey, you are offending me"
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• There is a difference between confrontational and down right aggressive. You have to look into yourself and see what it is about your friend that attracts you. I don't mind outspoken women . I am one. I have become more aggressive in dealing with some people then when I was younger. I no longer let the water run off my back. At times I find myself really needing to control my agressivenes. Things that never bothered me in my younger years I now have very little toleration for.
    nana2u10

Answer by nana2u10 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2009