is it ok for spit up to come out of the nose and mouth at the same time

my daughter is 5 months and she spit up out of her nose and mouth at the same time. I tried to suction it but it seems very thick and I cant get it all out. Will it work it self out or should I be trying to suction more?

Myasmama

Asked by Myasmama at 1:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter used to spit up like that a lot - it would come out of both nostrels and her mouth. You could tell she hated it, and she would have to almost catch her breath, but she would usually sneeze afterwards or it would work its way out - she was always fine.
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 7:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• wondering that too!! my daughter did that a few times , but it stopped now . knock on wood
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my son did that once when he was a baby scared the shit out of me but i got it all out and he was fine. if this is something that is happening regularly i would call the doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• my son did that 2 my ped. said that it was noraml they havent got that whole thing of where the stuff is suppose the go.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• It happens sometimes. You could use some saline drops in her nose to help loosen the junk up and make it easier to suck out.
    I just use a bulb on my my son.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You shouldn't use the bulb too often, it will just cause inflammation inside her nose.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2009