how do u start potty traning a 2 year old BOY

my son oscar is 2 now and dose not like to were a diper but he dose not want to go pee on the potty he dose not like the little potty so i have to use the big potty but everytime i put hem on the big potty he says hes done so i take hem down and then he pees on the floor what do i do????????????

r.i.proby213

Asked by r.i.proby213 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if you find a way let me know we are trying with our 2 year old boy my hubby is out of town alot i wish he was here to help
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• keep him on the poty try a timer when it digs you can get down. im still trying my son is stuborn. i am now trying big kid underwear. when there wet he dosent like it then i take them off and put him on the potty and tell him no pee pees in the undies pee pees on the potty. ( were still working on all of this ) i wish you the best its hard. my dd was pottyed train in one day. this lil guy.... forever!. all the best. if you find something that works for you can you let me know...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My mom potty trained my brothers and some of the kids she baby sat by putting cheerios in the toilet and told them that it was like a game to sink the cheerios with the pee. Don't know if you want to train them to stand, but that is about all I got! Besides putting "big boy" underwear on him so he feels the wetness of his pee
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• First off, if he's not ready to potty train it's not gonna work. My 3 yr old son did the exact samething and I told him that he wasn't gonna get to go to school next year w/ his brother and then one day he came to me and said mommy I wanna go to school next year. I told him that the only way he could go is if he used the potty like a big boy. Find something he likes and tell him that the only way he's gonna get it is if he uses the potty like a big boy. Like w/ my little boy he wants to go to school, go to his mama'a, and join karate w/ him brother but I told him that he had to start using the potty or he couldn't do those things. It took about 2 weeks and he's now potty trained and will be doing all those things he wanted to do b/c he showed me that he was a big boy.
    khourie6

Answer by khourie6 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have two potty chairs, one in the corner of the living room because we can't always make it to the bathroom. I ask him if he has to go pee-pee and he runs to his potty and he sits down and goes every time. When I go to the bathroom, I tell him "Lets go pee-pee" and he runs in there and I have him go first, after he goes he thrown toys into the tub while I go. It is a pretty good routine and he is used to saying "pee pee bye" when he sees me rinse out his potty. We'll be getting big boy pants soon!
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2009