Are you sick of the irrational hatred towards President Obama?

I am certainly very sick of it. I didn't like Bush, but I never spent time bashing him, calling him names, and getting all worked up over his every move. President Obama is getting it the worst for obvious reasons: BECAUSE HE IS THE FIRST BLACK AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT. The stuff I see posted towards Obama around here on CafeMom (a.k.a. "Drama Mom") is complete blind ignorance and borderline blatant racism and bigotry. President Barack Hussein Obama is trying to help this country. If you are too blind to see that fine. Deal with it. He is the president and will be for EIGHT YEARS. He is doing a great job so far and it will take YEARS to clean up the mess this country is in...Stop the drama and make a change in your OWN life. Educate yourself and let go of the ignorance and hatred. Stop wallowing in self-pity and self righteousness. It will only stress you out, cause you to gain weight, and make you age faster.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You may not have bashed bush but there were plenty of people who did. It happens with every president though. I dont like Obama, but saying were all racist or dont like him because hes black is ignorant.

• I voted for Obama and support him strongly, but it's really misguided of you to assume that people are criticizing him because of his race. That means that YOU are making an issue of his race. Again, I'm a HUGE liberal, but I really take offense at your statement that people who criticize him must be racist.

Answer by StarLee at 1:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• and here is the race card..right on cue!!

Answer by mamakirs at 1:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• alot of people on here do not like him cuz of that fact , and they need to get over it , do their black history and realize if it wasnt for successful black men and women , alota things they love to use wouldnt be here =)

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Whoo Hoo!!! You go girl....I wouldn't have put it any nicer.

way to go

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Am I sick of irrational hatred? Of course, but I see many women on here who are simply not agreeing with his policies. There's no crime in that. They aren't being racist.

Answer by StarLee at 1:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You may not realize it, perhaps this is the first election you've bothered to pay attention to. The election is over, politics is not. Politics happens every day. There are valid reasons to discuss what the president is doing every day because that's what politics does. For people who actually care and pay attention to politics, the election is just another day in the grand scheme of things. There is nothing to get over - it is politics. It is every day life. If you aren't interested, go ahead and stick your head back in the sand for 4 more years, we really don't care, but quit criticizing what you obviously don't understand. "Educate yourself, and let go of the ignorance"

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• The race card can only be played so much. Im not white and didnt vote for Obama. I dont like him. In no way am I racist. Thats ridiculous to automatically label someone based on their likes and dislikes of the president. And no maybe you were not awake the past 8 yrs but there were plenty of people complaining about Bush to the point it was overdone. So too bad. I dont like Obama and its still a free country and Ill voice my opposition because I can.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• As a black person I agree with you partially. I do think their have been some racism in "SOME" of the questions/statements. Not all are racist. I do get tired and annoyed that every little step he takes is scrutinized and he hasnt even been in office 1 month. He has the world on his shoulders and he has taken on a lot of problems give him a chance.