Mirena

Is anyone else suffering major exhaustion from the Mirena? I try to go to bed early or sometimes I'll even take a nap with dd and I'm still ALWAYS super exhausted. I almost wish I would get a big cold so I would have an excuse to lie in bed for a few days. I am the only one? What are some other side effects you have experienced?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know I never really thought to connect me being tired all the time to that but it makes sence now. My DS is 6 months and the past few days has even been sleeping all night but I'm still tired Well makes sence. Only real side effect I have noticed is I have more break outs on then I used to and all over my face other then in the same places I had for years. I know this is TMI but my husbands complained a few times about it pokeing him but other then that not really problems
    Anonymous

• Tiredness is not a side effect of the Mirena. I had it for 5 years, just had a baby and now have it again. There could be a million reasons why you feel the way you do, but it's not the Mirena. If you truly feel uncomfortable about having it though, you should call your OB. To the answer above, your husband should not feel it poking him!!! Get your Mirena checked to make sure it hasn't moved out of place!!!!
    Anonymous

• I haven't been tired I did have some minor cramping and very irregular bleeding--it's stopped now. I got it put in like a month and a half ago..My hubby complains on the poking too...In fact it is normal, especially if they are larger endowed..My dr said that I had to come back after 1 week if putting in place for a check up to make sure I am doing well on it and that we had to have sex with in that week to see if it would poke him. It DID! He trimmed up the wires as far as he could so now my hubby just has to deal with it---he complains afterwards but it doesnt stop him ha ha

maybe if it's poking, you could ask your OB to trim the wires up a little? Mine did
    kayjay8806

Answer by kayjay8806 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I would but I was on state insurance and now I've lost it since I had my son. Besides I still feel really bad because my OB had to pay for mine out of her own pocket. (long story) But he says it's getting better. I'm glad my DH isnt the only one dealing with the poking lol. Yeah I doesnt stop mine either. I just remind him that he's the one who didnt want babies for 5 years or he wouldnt be feeling the poking haha
    Anonymous