Does/Did your baby cry for hours when away from you

When leaving your little one in someone else's care, did he/she cry for consecutively for a decent amount of time?

If so, how long until they were comfortable with you being away?
did you have to change anything about how you interact with your child in order for them to become more comfortable with the caretaker?

tbear2008

Asked by tbear2008 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 61/2 months old and has been going to day care since he was 3 months. He has never had a problem. I am not an overprotective mom. If someone wanted to hold him or play with him I just handed him over. Since he was always around other people he was fine.
    risas11722

Answer by risas11722 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No. He doesn't even notice! He's only 6 months though so I don't think he's hit the stage of separation anxiety yet.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No, she never has, and she is 14 months old now. I think she is just really independent. Sometimes it makes me sad. She probably also like to have the change of scenery and cares more to explore than worry about what I am doing, lol.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• My daughter is almost 7 months and when I leave her with her grandparents, she's fine, but if I leave her with her daddy, he says she screams and cries as soon as I walk out the door. I don't understand it.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 6:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2009