Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh claimed that Obama isn't "authentically black" and that the president has "no slave blood." What do you think of the conservative radio host's commentary?

I think he just re-elected Obama as president with that statement.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rush-limbaugh-says-obama-is-not-authentically-black-has-no-slave-blood?CID=dflo-facebook-9612-LimbaughObama

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 12:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• How many listeners can this man really have? Oh, damn ... I can think of three off the top of my head and unfortunately I am related to all three of them. *hangs head in shame*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• Frankly I have not gone into The president's familial background. I do not know if any of his ancestors were slaves or not.
    If the answer is not then I guess Mr. Limbaugh is correct.

However I do not vote for anyone based on a commentator's (entetrtainer's) comments. They are simply his view.
    As for electing Obama because of this comment lol I doubt it
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• Irrelevant
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• His views are pretty racist Dardenella. That's not a view. That's just someone being an ass.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• People don't "think" about what he says. They take it as pure fact or pure fiction, but nobody who has any interest in him, good our bad, actually pays attention to the words he says.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• So now you have to have slave blood to be "autnetically black"? He may not have acnestors who were slaves, but that does not make him any less "black" then someone who does have ancestors who were slaves.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• i did not know having a family tree with slavery in it was prerequisite to a whole race
    not all native people back in the day, from Kenya (for example), were captured and taken into slavery

rush never ceases to amaze me, just when he says the stupidest thing you have ever heard, he out does himself again

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• fact-many black people were enslaved
    but also fact- in all of world history many other races have been enslaved

so, if you have a family tree with slaves that were not of African/Black heritage- are you now black

i think Rush should donate his brain to science after his death
    what makes a person comes to these ridiculous conclusions?........ oh yeah... ratings= money

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• With Mitt's mistake, using "Keep America American", the KKK used the slogan in 1920, and what Rush has said... They have already shot themselves ithe foot this election year. KKK slogan and he is nit authentically black? Seriously? *facepalm* how can anyone take these men seriously??
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• imo, theres no reason to get up in arms about Rush's continued moronic statements. the ppl who listen to him either believe every stupid word he says & they are dumb, or they are smart enough to weed out the BS & listen only to his relevant talk (if there is any).

either way the man is loopy and he is a joke. he's lost listeners and the only way to get new ones is to pander to those who already believe this garbage. sometimes i wonder if he really believes his own BS or if he's just so greedy he will say anything for money.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2012