Do you think i could start my baby on the "sitter" jar food?

She is 6 months and she can sit by herself and play with a toy for a while, but if she gets distracted she will fall down. Right now she is on supported sitter, is it time i can switch to just sitter? And how old do they need to be when you can start giving them meat jar food?

Thank You!

Cannedus

Asked by Cannedus at 12:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is a good question for you ped because they know more about your child's growth and development. I will however say that my DS who started cereal at 4 months got his first teething biscuit at about 7 months and was on table food with formula for a drink and snack at 10 months. My DD was breast fed so she started all of these things much later.

If your DD is eating what you are giving her readily with out any difficulty I think you would more than likely get the okay to move forward.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• Thank you! And, what is a teething biscuit?
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• you know, those arrow root cookie type things... but they are sticks not the little Gerber circle ones... this was a few years ago I have no idea what they call them now!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I'll have to look into those!
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I think you can. I never gave baby food meat. Just smell it once and you won't either. It's truly disgusting. I gave all fruits and veggies and their bottle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I would wait until the baby is 7 or 8 months. Start with Mum Mums. They sell them at BabiesRus. They are a soft wafer that melts in the mouth. Then go to applesauce & one Cheerio at a time. The meats are gross so the baby probably will not eat them anyway.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2012