Does anyone here own a baby bullet?

I am going to be purchasing one this weekend. What do i do with the veggies before i use the bullet? Boil them? Do i add anything in with them or is it just raw veggies (or fruits)?

Just curious because i know they have different stages of jar food, such as supported sitter, sitter, and walker. So what is the actual difference between those?

Cannedus

Asked by Cannedus at 12:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use this (click image for info) and process as needed.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• you really don't need a baby bullet. A regular blender would do just fine.

You would steam the fruits/veggies and then prcoess them in a blender with enough water, juice or formula to get the Constancey you want. Then you can freeze it into individual portions using a ice cube try. then wrap each cube in plastic wrap and drop it into a labeled zip-loc freezer bag for easy access.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• the difference is the thickness and weather or not it has some soft chunks in it. A lot of the stage 3 'meals' have bits of solid food in them for consistency and texture.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I would imagine that you boil or steam them until they are soft. I think it comes with a recipe booklet in it for different kinds of baby food, though! Good luck!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I have it and I hate it actually! I got it as a gift and its not really practical if you want to make a lot of food at once. There is only so much you can fit into the tiny blender part and then I have to make multiple batches. It overheated and stopped working the last time is used it. I thought it would be easier but with my first daughter I just the Montel Williams blender he made and I loved it. The baby bullet, in my experience, often forms a air pocket and the blade is spinning and nothing is being blended. Then the food is always really smooth at the bottom and chunky on top. So what I would have to do is pour it out of the blender into a bowl and mix it myself so its all the same consistency. It is a hassle for me!
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• No, I made my kids food with a fork - no expensive gadgets required. If you are going to buy something, buy a regular blender you will use for more than 3-5 months! Seriously, babies aren't on puréed food long at all.

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2012

• I have an immersion blender with a mini food processor attachment, a food processor and a blender. I mostly use the immersion blender.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2012

• I have the baby bullet but i havent used it yet since little due is only 3mths. I would boil them so its easier to blend but make sure its not too hot for baby
    Eyeslikelife

Answer by Eyeslikelife at 7:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2012

• It depends on what veggie.. Squash or womething like that, you cut in half, and roast in the oven, then scrape the middle (edible) part and puree.
    Broccoli, carrots etc, boil or steam them first, then puree.
    I made a lot of my own baby food, PM me if you have any questions.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2012