Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cheatin issue...

about 7 months ago my boyfriend the father of our son who at that time was one month cheated on me. We werent getting along we were living with his parents we were doomed for a break up he asked for a break i refussed and i left to my moms and he cheated on me for a couple nights...i ended it and he begged for me back said that it was a mistake he didnt know how to handle me and newborn and his mom btw kept saying the baby isnt his when it is and his name is on the birth cerfitficate. Well after a month after that we talked it out worked it out and were stronger and happier then ever! my question is im not sure if they used protection, i have nothing but its the thought that the no rubber was our thing...what would you guys do?what should i do? the cheating thing dont bother me really to be honest but at times it does should we get counseling to be safe?


Asked by Lauren2008 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I was the cheater in an identical situation. We had issues and he refused a break and I cheated. If he felt how I did he felt trapped and didnt know what else to do. He had to know if he just wanted someone else and if he is trying to get you back he clearly found out that he wants you. Try to make it work. Cheating is a symptom of failure to communicate and underlying issues. We tried for our daughter and realized that we really are in love.

    Answer by amber710 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • I would have him get checked for diseases. You don't want to get something because of what he did. As far as the counseling thing, that is up to you. If you feel like you need it, or it would help you, then I would go for it.

    Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • I woudl say go to counseling.. If anythin he needs to learn stress managment and when things get hard to not just bailout and tak the easy way out

    Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

  • Have him tested for STDs and AIDs and continue with an AIDS screening every 6 months for the next 7 yrs. If the cheating bothers you at all or you have trust issues then counseling can be helpful.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009