can you get sharp pains around ovaries and pelvic bone when pregnant

im 4 weeks and 5 days prego i feel it just sometimes but is dont hurt it feels like stabbing

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you talked to your doctor about it .. it may nott be a concern, but i would approch it with your doctor
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 1:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• You should call your doctor, and ask. I remember getting cramps with both of my pregnancies right at the beginning, i can't remember what I was told caused it, but it was nothing. If you are bleeding bright red, that's probably something to worry about...but if you are concerned, call the doc.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I only get sharp pains in my uterus area if I stand up too fast or sometimes when I sneeze...Just call your doctor if you are really concerned.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I had more of what you call 'twinges' that didn't really hurt, but were uncomfortable... I was just a little further along than you are. I went in for an ultrasound, due to that and light bleeding, and found that I had an ectopic pregnancy. So, my advice is to be cautious... better safe than sorry.
    Good luck!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2009