Over due need help?

I'm over due by a week and still have not dilated. What can I do to help my body along?

caeruleusdea

Asked by caeruleusdea at 1:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lots of walking, and try sex.
    baby will come when ready i guess there isnt much you can really do unless your dr decideds to take it into medical hands.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I was a little over a week days late--
    I went to my doctors on wed- he said that if i wasn't dilated or my cervix hadn't changed at all that he would schedule a c section. So he checked and absolutely NOTHING had changed. I really didn't want a c section but we had both agreed that if it would happen naturally it would of. So i scheduled a c section for that friday. He was trying to get me in earlier (both at 40 weeks and 41 weeks- but i wanted to wait a little longer). I went into labor that night! I delivered her on thursday - the day before my scheduled c section! I was ten days late. Your baby will come when he/she is ready... just be patient - especially if its your first. Everyone thought I would deliver early and so when my due date rolled around I was like COME OUT ALREADY! I WANT TO MEET YOU! But that didn't happen. just REST, and EAT ALL YOU CAN!
    & be patient! She/He is definitely worth the wait!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• try the pressure point to induce your labor
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Okay, the baby will come when She is ready but some safe things which are thought to induce or help stimulate contractions are Red Rasberry leaf tea which ripens and softens the uterus. Also, spicy food is thought to bring on labor. Do you still need items like stroller, car seat, high chair, clothes etc.

GET LOTS OF REST AND KNOW THAT IT WILL HAPPEN VERY SOON... call me if you want to chat or go thrift store shopping sometime. j

Your friend,

Samara 433-2759
    KIEFZION

Answer by KIEFZION at 10:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I don't know why I thought you were having a girl anyway, I have plenty of layette for a baby boy if you need anything still I can put together some pj's and outfits and essentials. I have like almost a whole box of nursing pads that I never ended up using and some newborn diapers too. Call me when you get a chance k.
    KIEFZION

Answer by KIEFZION at 10:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2009