Opinion on an all-natural bath "bomb" with toy inside makes kids eager to bathe??

My little boy hates to take baths! I have an idea for a new product and would like to get all your moms' opinions on this. What about an all-natural, fizzing, bubble bath bomb that you put in the tub and which comes with a trinket/toy inside? Each toy would be different, so your child would be curious and eager to stay in the bath to wait for the toy to appear! I would have boy packs and girl packs! I think its a great idea, the only thing I'm concerned about is a perceived choke hazard for the toy- that the parent must be with the child to supervise when the toy appears.

What do you all think of this idea? Would you buy? Please be honest! Thank you!

francesca917

Asked by francesca917 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Heck yeah I would buy that! Sounds excellent.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• i think it would work the first few times. i would probably buy it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I would buy it as long as it was a tear free product.
    Anonymous

• it sounds kinda neat. I bought a bunch of these washrag things from the disney store. They start out really small and then when you put it in the water it "grows" My son likes to watch what character will be on the washrag and that helps him get in the tub. Only the downside is I have like 50 washrags!
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I think its a cool idea. I do know however that they already sell bars of soap with toys inside, so there may already be fizzy products like this as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Well I wouldn't buy--bc I already can make those! :)
    Remember be VERY careful when saying "all natural". Bath bombs are TRADITIONALLY made with citric acid, baking soda, witchhazel, coloring and fragrance. Maybe corn starchs and extra oils. BUT not all fragrances and coloring ARE natural. So you'd need to be VERY sure of wher eyou get your supplies from before you put 'all natural' on the label. Bath bombs fall under the FDA I believe and you need to be careful in labeling.
    I do the embedded objects and my son loves them. Remember to take it easy on the fragrances bc those little body parts can be sensitive. Food coloring is ok to use in bath bombs (but NOT handmade soaps). But special colorants like La Bomb (www.brambleberry.com) are better. :)

www.mamaslittlemonkeys.com
    www.fleurdeink.com
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 4:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009